PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE - Tuesday, October 16, 2018 from 5:30 - 8:00 PM
- Presentation starting at 6:00 PM
- Fairbanks Pipeline Training Center, 3605 Cartwright Court, Fairbanks, AK 99709
- Click here to review the Alternatives and Rate each of the Alternatives
- Advisory Committee Meeting: October 3, 2018
Tie down holder questionnaire – Still time to turn them in!
The tie down office has mailed out a questionnaire to all Eastside pavement tiedown holders. This questionnaire will help assist with design during the design of apron rehabilitation project.
Your input is greatly needed, please mail back your questionnaire or contact Shannon O’Kelley at email@example.com to have your questionnaire emailed to you. Thank you for your participation!
Fairbanks International Airport (FAI) is preparing the FAI Eastside Master Plan Update, with the help of DOWL, an airport planning firm. The Master Plan will map out a 20-year plan for airport development, with a focus on safety issues and near-term planning for the existing East Ramp infrastructure. FAI plans to resurface and improve the East Ramp in 2020. Some critical questions the plan will address for FAI’s Eastside area include:
- How should tie downs, taxilanes and supporting infrastructure be configured on the East Ramp, which is slated for resurfacing in 2020?
- What changes are needed to minimize incursions by pedestrians, passengers, vehicles, and aircraft?
- What other safety improvements are needed for aircraft taxiing to the runways and waterlanes?
- Where should additional lease lots be provided and what taxiway, road and utilities infrastructure is needed?
- What types of amenities are needed (aircraft wash, pilots lounge, food service, fueling) and where should they be located?
- Should Runway 2R/20L be upgraded for use by air carriers during snow removal and major maintenance of Runway 2L/20R?
- What improvements are needed for vehicles and pedestrians?
Airport users and other stakeholders are invited to participate in the planning process.
Notices about the FAI Eastside Master Plan will be by e-mail. Please sign up for the e-mail list using the Sign Up Now link to the right of this page.
|Seaplane Base (click to enlarge image)